There are literally hundreds of websites on how to save money on your wedding. Many, however, are so cluttered with ads, it is difficult to find ideas or ideas are few and not very original.
In preparing this list, we looked for sites that not only had a number of good ideas to save money, but were also easy to navigate and clean in appearance. Here’s our list of the 10 best sites – some of which were unexpected:
1. About.com obtain the maximum score for the number and quality of ideas, and ease of use. There are ads, but they tend not to overwhelm. Nina Callaway, editor for about Weddings Guide, did a great job of organizing ideas into easy to read pages – with some very practical advice such as how to “cut the crap” when dealing with suppliers . Maintains the current site with a cheap wedding weekly Friday posting on new ways to save money. It also offers a newsletter, a forum for wedding guests to share ideas and a blog .
2. Weddingvendors.com, contrary to what its name implies, is not full of ads and offers practical money saving ideas and tips without much promotion, for example, how to save money on flowers contacting a school of floral design for an agreement. I hesitated to even visit the site its name, but the ads are mostly text ads, so if you can ignore them, you can get some pretty good advice.
3. Weddingchannel.com list of critical vendors in different cities by the wives who have used them. Weddingvendors.com and weddingchannel.com together could help you get the best price for your money.
4. Celebrity-style wedding on a budget com MoneyCentral., While not being a complete web site for budget weddings, offers some unique and interesting ideas to copy the famous celebrity wedding for a fraction of the cost ways for example, how to get a wedding dress designer dress as $ 30,000 raised by Britney Spears for $ 500. This site gets high marks for original ideas.
5. Site marriages FunTimesGuide.com has a number of blog posts, links and comments from readers about planning a wedding at low cost, for example, how to find discount wedding dresses or how set your budget to include all the detailed costs of a wedding. Not all their wedding budget positions are in one place, but if you have time, it’s worth poking around on the site, because they offer a lot of good information.
6. OurWeddingDay.com offers a number of good ideas from different brides on what they did to save money as well as a free budget planner to track your expenses as you plan your wedding.
7. FrugalBride.com offers a long list of ways to save money on your wedding in a very direct and clean way. They get high marks for the many ideas in one click.
8. WeddingWire.com is not a site dedicated to budget weddings, but offers a discussion page on saving money with a number of quality posts by different brides on what they have done to save the silver. There is an ongoing discussion, so if you have a specific question that is not answered on other sites, it would be a good place to ask your question.
9. Groupon.com, and Livingsocial.com WeddingChannelDeals.com are similar sites that can help you save money directly. They all use the group buying to get big huge discount. You sign up for a city, and every day they show what will be sold at a reduced price if enough people buy. You can visit every day or sign up for e-mail. So if you’re going to have spa day with your bridesmaids, need to agree on a restaurant for the rehearsal dinner, photography, tickets to special events for your honeymoon, etc., you may want have to register. And you should do as soon as you know you’re getting married if you have the time to look for bargains. Definitely read the small print and expiry date – the most mature in one year.
Announcements Happy 10. Amigram.com life is a great site to send a wedding announcement for free. So if you had a small wedding to cut costs, Amigram.com is a good way to share your day with family and friends who were not there. Unlike the websites of marriage is just a page with all your important information – your message comments, photos, video and visitors. It is an “e-mail on steroids” and can be private or posted on the site.